14 February, 2011

The Cold

The colds finally hit me last Friday. My baby also had it but hers came earlier than mine. My baby is better now. She has less cough and less phlegm inside her. It was good that we brought her to the doctor as soon as it was possible.

I had my classes replaced yesterday because of the colds. I just can't take it and I got feverish by the time it was evening. I didn't breastfeed my baby because I feared she will get worse. I actually researched about it on the Net and it said there that it is okay to breastfeed a baby even if the mother is sick. If a mother gets sick, her body is actually building up more antibodies to help get rid of the illness. If a sick mother breastfeeds, some of those antibodies will be passed on to the baby. But i was still skeptical because i was worried she might get worse. so i decided to wait until I am better.

I'm feeling better now despite of the cough and sneezing. I think the phlegm inside me got easier to expel, though it's still hard to cough everything out. I went back to breastfeeding my baby today. She's in high spirits than a few days before. And it was good that she didn't have this "no-breast milk shock" because I didn't feed her for a day.

So far, so good. I hope that we don't get into something like this again. Whether it be the common colds or the worst, getting sick is no joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment