03 February, 2011

I Have No Pay Today But That's Okay.

Yes! It's official. I have no class today. That means I have no pay. That's okay. Next time I will do my best!

This day has been interesting thought. My Plurk "The moment you stop playing... you become an adult."
has been promoted by a friend in Plurk Frontpage. I got that from 2ne1's Samsung Nori commercial in Youtube. It actually made my no-pay-day.

My friend who promoted my Plurk made a poem about that saying.

Here it is:

At season's end

and now that the season is done
we lay down
our swords and shields
we strip ourselves
of armor and helmets
we take off
our gowns and crowns
and we put to stable
our stallions and mares

no more ten-gallon hats
and six shooters
and stagecoaches
or eagle feathers
and tomahawks
and warpaint
and teepees

we turn in
our badges
and whistles
and moneybags
and masks

we power down
our jet packs
and ray guns
and robots
and rocket ships

we'll put on
our serious faces
and pretend to be
Responsible Adults
you can be Mom
and I can be Dad
and we'll each have
our nine-to-fives
to pay off the mortgage
and buy pretty things
to keep up with
the Joneses

i'll get a briefcase
you'll get a power suit
(sadly not
the kind
that lights up)
we'll sip
overpriced cappucinos
and fizzy drinks
with little umbrellas
to maintain
our perky looks
and smile
our rictus smiles
because
the customer
is always right

and off to the musty bin
the toys go
there to sleep
in the darkness
while they wait
for the coming
of the season
of that playtime
without end.

will we remember?


That poem makes me want to wish that I would be a kid. A kid has no worries. There are parents who

can worry about the chores, the bills, the discipline, and such like what parents do.

Kids need parents or elders to teach them the do's and don'ts of the society. They need someone to watch over them finish their meals or take their meals. They need constant guidance and teaching. Kids are ever dependent to those that take care of them.

Kids know how to thank, cherish, and love the people around them. Simplest gestures from them are the  most sincere thing one could have. That maybe a peck on the cheek, a smile for "Hello", or a poke for "Take care".

But as kids are taught to forget themselves as kids, they become the opposite as what mentioned above.
Reality is reality, it is what it is. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there. If you continue to be a kid, you won't survive. That's what elders say in my part of the story.

It's lonely to think that we can't turn back time and be kid once more. If Peter Pan has a Facebook account or a Twitter account, I would contact and beg him to take me to his Paradise. But then reality is reality, it is what it is.

I have a baby now and she definitely takes me back to being a kid. As a Mom, I need to play my role. If I don't, she may not survive the outside world. Maybe I'll teach her some things that are useful in reality. Things that will help her survive. But I won't let teach her to forget being a kid.

Right now, I'm happy as a mom. If given the chance to be kid again, why not? But I think my baby has already done that. She takes me back to the times that I have been small and feeble. Though it is on the third person view, I guess I can say, it's fun to be a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment