22 March, 2011

After A Month...

It's been a month since I've written my last post. Come to think of it, I've been busy with teaching English online. I got more students than my first few weeks. I have some regular students also, which is good.

Today isn't so busy. My first lesson of the day will start at around 1600 JPT, so that's around 3p.m. here in the Philippines. We always follow the Japanese Time because our main office is in Kobe, Japan.

The company that I am with started this online English lesson after the great Kobe earthquake at around 1995. Their company branched out here in Davao around 2006. The company has been around for quite some time now.

In the next couple of weeks, I will be celebrating my second month with the company. I've been enjoying every class. Though sometimes, there are some lessons that I don't know how to handle with. Such as lessons with a beginner kid or a person who doesn't even give a smirk on his/ her voice. But it's interesting to be a home based English teacher. It's kind of a win-win situation. The student can learn English from me. At the same time, I get to have a glimpse of the Japanese culture from them. And I think, that makes my teaching experience to be a really self-fulfilling job.

In a few minutes, I will prepare myself for my first lesson of the day. I hope I will do good and have fun today!

No comments:

Post a Comment