20 November, 2011

Thinking About The New SOP

Sometime, around this week, the new SOP will push through. This new SOP is along with the new system to record all lessons that we have. I don't know when exactly because the memo said it will start on the 21st but my mentor said it will be on the 26th. Either way, I am not so excited now after much thought.

I just noticed that sometimes, my students and I talk about some personal things. Though it is not really in a very open way, we do somehow talk about it. I ask general questions but sometimes the student cannot help to relate some personal things. Sometimes, there are students who initiate personal topics. Even though, I try to segue the topic into a more general one, the student will still steer back and go on with the topic. It cannot be helped sometimes.

Thinking about those cases, maybe some of the lessons will not be so interesting enough. As far as I have known, Japanese people tend to be really private about their lives. I guess, this goes with their English lessons online. I don't know how the students will react to this new SOP.I know some will understand and not mind that. But maybe some of them will continue to be on their guards and reign much of their enthusiasm. It will be an interesting result to keep an eye on.

Teachers, on the other hand, have no choice but to adhere to the rules. Sometimes, I don't really follow rules strictly in my lessons, especially with my avid students. We just talk about anything and sometimes forget the time. This policy will be a challenge for me but again, I hope I will not screw up.

It will be my off tomorrow, so anticipation and anxieties are also off until Tuesday. After giving much thought to this, I hope the new system will not push through.


No comments:

Post a Comment