23 November, 2011

Enka-Singing Student

I'm feeling tired recently. Maybe because with the new SOP that is about to launch at the end of the week or maybe because with the full load that I got today. I don't know.

I forgot that it is a national holiday today in Japan. It's their Labor Day but there's nothing really special about it, except that most Japanese don't have work and school today. So with that, I got two students who are in elementary and I am going to share about one of them.

The other elementary English learner that I had today is a girl in the fourth grade. She is still a beginner but very bubbly and curious about learning English. It's very easy to relate to her since she initiates the conversation and is not shy when relating with a foreigner, like me. ^_^

She even shared to me one of her hobbies: singing. And not only singing normal Jpop or Kpop songs but ENKA! As what I have learned, Enka is a traditional Japanese way of singing. It can be very tricky since involves mostly the nasal muscles and the muscles in the throat. I have only watched Enka music videos and only a few of them to be really a good critic but my! The student is very good in singing Enka. And I can feel that it is something very special and you do not mess with. I want to hear her sing again!

You can read more about Enka here:

No comments:

Post a Comment