28 May, 2012

A Present

Right now I'm posting through my mobile phone. I have become this lazy... not really. I just have no time I guess.

Anyway... one of my avid students just surprised me with a good news! She's going to send me a Totoro item. She showed it to me. It was a small Totoro towel. How cool is that?!

Actually, around second week of this month, we talked about Ghibli films. She said Ghibli films are good films to show for children because of the themes and lessons they can get from it. She mentioned about Naushika or Nausicca Valley of the Wind as her favorite Ghibli film and wants to show it to her nephew. And I also shared to her that one of my favorite Ghibli film is My Neighbor Totoro. Surprisingly, she likes Totoro too!

With the exchange of delight about our favorite Ghibli films and characters, I came about mentioning that she's lucky to be in Japan where Totoro items can be found and bought. She said nonchalantly that she can buy one for me if I want to. And I went speechless.

I didn't know that she's serious, really. That's why she surprised me with the Totoro towel that she found for me. I was so speechless that I just requested her to type her email so I could give her my address. And since we had a lesson together yesterday, she told me that she will just let me know about how long it would take for the parcel would arrive. She really is serious and she left me speechless.

Putting aside the excitement, I was kind of worried if this breaks ouur school's rules. Hmmm... I believe it hasn't. If the theu found out about this conversation through the recording, then I should just stand and defend myself.

Nonetheless, I'm already excited even it's just a towel. I'm already giving a thought on surprising her with a return present.

I hope the parcel will arrive safe so I can immediately send a return present. I will always be so surprised and very thankful of her. She definitely made my week.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment