17 September, 2011

Officially Seven

I just renewed the contract between me and the company I'm with. My contract actually ended last August 02 but I don't know why the administration did not contact me whatsoever to renew it on the said day. Maybe, they were still preparing it at that time.

Officially, I have been teaching online for seven months now. I've talked about it a few weeks ago and yeah, it's still fun and still very challenging! Like I said, I still have a lot to learn when it comes to teaching, especially to super beginners and beginners, adults and kids alike.

Recently, I've been having a lot of beginner students. I don't know why they like to reserve me as their teacher. I find it really strange. My profile specifically said in our online school website that my teaching level is for intermediate and advance students. But everyday, I get more beginners and super-beginners instead. One beginner student that I just had today said he can understand me very well because every word I say is very clear and I speak very slowly for him to catch up. Another beginner student that I had yesterday said that I can understand her very well even if her grammar is not right or even her thoughts are such a mumble. She appreciates me for that. And another beginner said that her mother likes me because I can speak English well and I guess she likes me too. I don't know if those comments are compliments because I always sweat a lot when I have lessons with them.


I don't know if other teachers have the same problems that I have. My performance is still at a satisfactory level and I cannot say yet whether I'm good or not. I guess I just have improved a little, not a lot yet. I hope I still improve more and I hope I can astound my mentor whenever she monitors me.

Oh yes.... It looks like that I'm going to stay with this company more than I imagined. I'm enjoying everyday, whether it's a good or a bad day. More things to come here and I'm up for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment