03 August, 2011

Six

August 1 marks my sixth month of online teaching. What can I say? I had and continuing having a blast!

Along with my six "monthsary" of teaching, I also requested to change my schedule but not to add more lessons unfortunately. Because sometime last month, by the end of July, my Mom was hurt in an accident that made her a "handicapped". That means no one will take care of my baby. Other members of the family (my Step-Dad, Grandma, and brother) have to step in, taking in shifts, to care of my baby. At least for only a few months, though. Changing my schedule to 1400-2000 JPT from 1500-2100 JPT will be easier for us. I can take over as soon as I finish teaching.

Due to the accident, I was also absent from teaching for two days. Students who booked me at those times showed concerned the next time we met again. It was a good feeling to know that Japanese students are compassionate towards their teachers.

I'm teaching for six months now but still I think I still need to learn a lot of things. I'm still getting the hang of having the evaluations. I don't think I have good evaluations yet but thankfully, my present skills have managed to keep me staying.

My future seems bleak but I can imagine myself still teaching... here in the online school I'm with.

No comments:

Post a Comment