02 February, 2012

One Year As An HBOET

I have officially turned one on teaching today. Yehey for me!

Contrary to what I promised my self last year, I was not able to make a hundred entries on this blog, not even half of a hundred. But that's okay. I shared some, maybe not the most, interesting findings about Japanese attitudes, cultures, and people.

I learned a lot from teaching. Even though, I believe, I have not yet improved to the fullest, but I can say that I have improved--my character, my flexibility, and of course, my multi-tasking skills. I have to say the last one because sometimes I do multiple things during the lesson. It goes to show whether or not I am paying attention or I can pay attention to students.

I guess the most important thing that I have realized and need to improve on is teaching super beginners and advanced students. I still lose control on teaching students with such levels. I still don't know what to do. And sometimes, I feel I am not a good teacher if they don't reserve me again. That's okay, though. I just have to try much harder than before.

I realized I have become quite popular a little bit that I have my own line of avid students that I expect and look forward. Sometimes, it's not a good thing because some students reserve me everyday that we have lost things to talk about. It's also good to have lessons with students who have reserved me on my first few weeks, who did not reserve me again for the succeeding stay. I guess I made a bad impression on them but when they reserve me again, especially that I am growing old with the school, they will be impressed with what I have become. I hope. It just go to show that they remember me and maybe, became popular that some long-time-no-see students want to try me again. :D

It has been a fruitful year. From the looks of it, I guess it'll be hard on quitting this job. If I do leave, I will miss my students, old and new, most especially.



No comments:

Post a Comment