30 October, 2011

I Am Bored II

Today is my last lesson day for October. What is ridiculously boring in October is my lack of innovation and good news.

I have been teaching for almost nine months now and instead of being so enthusiastic and innovative, I have become lazy. I have become blatantly lazy to the point of using recycled materials. I've been getting more and more new students and it has impeded my innovation. I guess. Having new students is like trial and error. I feel that if I exert a lot of effort of impressing new students with sophisticated materials, it will just be a waste. So, I'm quite relaxed now and it's not so good.

Getting new students with zero English ability perks me. I admit they're the hardest challenges for and they keep me at bay. What is good though, is that they make me continue my Japanese language studies.

You loose some, you get some is the quote that repetitively echoes in my mind. I have lost some good ol' students and have gained some new patrons. The future is hazy but not bleak. I guess I have a lot of reasons to stay.

November is coming and it looks exciting. I'm hoping it will also be for my teaching days. Ganbatte ne...

No comments:

Post a Comment