05 January, 2012

The Long Lost Student: Details

Last night, I had a lesson with a long lost student. It was like a reunion lesson. XD

I had him as a student during my the first few days of teaching. I was still an awkward newb at that time and I still didn't know how to handle lower beginners. And it was unfortunate that he reserved me as a teacher. Our lesson was very awkward and I was too dumb at that time. He ended up not reserving me and I thanked him for that.

Until last night, however, he reserved me again. It was such a nice, nostalgic feeling to see him again as my student. It was good to know that he still remembered me for all those months. He became a more confident English-speaker than before. He could already make good simple sentences and his comprehension became better. I guess, I could also say that I became better myself. I did not feel awkward and I was even happy to have spoken with him again. Thinking about it, it was like a reunion of long lost friends.

It was nice seeing him again. We had a quite fun lesson. I hope to see him again and I promise to teach him even more better.

No comments:

Post a Comment