18 June, 2011

Eiji

Last 16-June, one of my students' name is Eiji. (And his name reminded me of someone.)

Our lesson started late because he was late. He just came home from his work and he needs to endure a 50-minute lesson with me. He said it was okay, though he is hungry.

He said he is 32 years old but he still reads manga. He likes the manga "One Piece". He even put a picture of one of the characters in the manga for his Skype profile picture. He also updates himself about manga by reading a weekly manga called "Jump". I researched about that and I found out he meant by "Shonen Jump".

It was somewhat a painful lesson because he is  a super beginner. He can follow with a very slow pace and statements needed to be repeated and typed in the chat box. He also needs time to translate the sentences, whether it be long or short, for him to have a better understanding.

He is an interesting student. Maybe because if his interests about manga or his name. Whichever the case is, I want to have a lesson with him again. And I hope, it will not be a painful one anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment